2011年11月27日日曜日

BR02-08 The Nutcracker

Merry Christmas Clara, I hope this protects you... With love from your godfather x
 On December 24 is Christmas Eve. What presents do you want to take? Money? Accessories?
 Clara takes the nutcracker from her godfather. What's the nutcracker? It is a wooden or metal tool for cracking nutshells. When this story was written, nuts were a special Christmas treat. Some nutcrackers were even shaped like doll.
 It is not only the nutcracker. It is the special one. She can't wait to open the present from her godfather. So, she tiptoe downstairs and open the present. This is the time to begin Clara's adventure!! The nutcracker can speak and walk. In addition, he fights with a bad mouse! Soon Clara is in flying sleigh on her way to the mouth-watering Land of Sweets, where she finds an incredible castle and the dazzling Sugarplum Fairy.
 Clara's adventure is very fantastic and exciting!! I want to go to the sweets land too!! This is a famous Christmas story all over the world. It is not common for us to take the nutcracker as Christmas present, so I could learn about different culture. So, I think that it is good for me to read this book!!
Helbrough, E. (2004). The Nutcracker. London: Usborne
(209 words)

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿