2011年6月6日月曜日

BR01-08 Jack and the Beanstalk

Jack was very, very,hungry. He searched the house for something to eat.
Today, I will talk about Jack and the Beanstalk. This story is read by all children in all over the would. In Japan, this story is called Jack-to-Mamenoki, and very famous. You have read this book, aren't you? Jack was very poor boy who lived with his mother and his cow, Milky White in their little cottage. They didn't have any food, so they decided to sell Milky White and get money. When Jack sells her for five dried beans. After back home, Jack show five beans. His mother is very furious. But this beans was magic beans. Overnight the beans sprout into a giant beanstalk. Jack climbs the beanstalk. Something that waiting Jack above the clouds is very, very dangerous adventure.

I have read this story my childhood. This is a story that my parents read me and my sister before we get sleep. This story was one of my favorite story. I didn't know that Jack's father was killed by the giant. I could understand that Jack wants to avenged his father. I think that Jack was very brave boy, but he was a bad boy. Because we must not steal anything from anyone. Jack stole a hen and harp.
By the way, I know the movie that Mickey Mouse acted by Jack. This is Disney's movie. The contens of story is same. I can reccomand to see it.

Daynes, K. (2006). Jack and the Beanstalk. London: Usborne

New words,  sweeping: 掃く fist: 握りこぶし furious: 怒る狂った chatter: 鳴く massive: 巨大な
                     timidly: おどおどして dizzy: めまいがする cleanber: よじ登る snore: いびきをかく
(288 words)

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿